Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bub
Bravo, Tim! That's an impressive batch. Spread out that way, it really puts things in perspective & I never took into account how many JG's I own. I'm currently at about 38.
By Hatter313
Some JG from the stacks
789B36B2-E14C-41A7-B3B8-4DD56BDD16DC.jpeg
789B36B2-E14C-41A7-B3B8-4DD56BDD16DC.jpeg (2.68 MiB) Viewed 2801 times
By Hatter313
^imagine the mondo alien box set and mondo gremlins up there too, forgot them. My box sets are in a separate space and I honestly forgot which ones mondo put out.

I need an OG alien and an OG omen still for my big ones, they aren’t scarce I just never see any in person and when I’m on discogs I don’t think about it.
By CrossedPete
Here it is my JC collection. I also have the WW EFNY and The Fog waiting at the border. But otherwise this is what I got.
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.86 MiB) Viewed 2615 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.96 MiB) Viewed 2615 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.84 MiB) Viewed 2615 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.99 MiB) Viewed 2615 times
By Hatter313
While I’m here...
211FC23D-A2AB-4D5B-9B22-B80D11B89440.jpeg
211FC23D-A2AB-4D5B-9B22-B80D11B89440.jpeg (2.64 MiB) Viewed 2577 times
Need OG Fog, VS ESFNY, OG They Live, OG Halloween 2-3 (and I guess the rest)

Also have the Halloween 1-5 box set from mondo with those pressings as well, not pictured.

Edit: Starman is in the regular soundtrack section for some reason, whoops.
By inksb
Another respectful collection post from @hatter

I'll be honest here guys, I'm weirdly jealous of that dumb Waxworks split open case for The Thing.

You both have OG copies of Big Trouble, I avoided a lot of those for sale because I believe there was a point where there were a lot of warped copies being put up? Maybe I'm not remembering that correctly but I feel like that is why I avoided picking up a copy of that.
By deafmetal
inksb wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:23 pm You both have OG copies of Big Trouble, I avoided a lot of those for sale because I believe there was a point where there were a lot of warped copies being put up? Maybe I'm not remembering that correctly but I feel like that is why I avoided picking up a copy of that.
The stash of dead stock Big Trouble from that discount web store was definitely warped (I have one), but the ebay seller with all those copies of They Live seemed to have a nice batch (or I just got lucky there).

@Peter & @Hatter - great collections!
By Hatter313
deafmetal wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:36 pm
inksb wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:23 pm You both have OG copies of Big Trouble, I avoided a lot of those for sale because I believe there was a point where there were a lot of warped copies being put up? Maybe I'm not remembering that correctly but I feel like that is why I avoided picking up a copy of that.
The stash of dead stock Big Trouble from that discount web store was definitely warped (I have one), but the ebay seller with all those copies of They Live seemed to have a nice batch (or I just got lucky there).

yeah, I got my big trouble around the same time as that warped dead stock showed up a number of years ago, but it wasn't from there. i held my breath and splurged because its my second fav carpenter score and it was before the mondo release was even available. (although these days that wouldn't' have mattered , that was in the days of "i'll be fine with a reissue" before the OG bug got me)
By CrossedPete
Hatter313 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:17 pm
deafmetal wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:36 pm

yeah, I got my big trouble around the same time as that warped dead stock showed up a number of years ago, but it wasn't from there. i held my breath and splurged because its my second fav carpenter score and it was before the mondo release was even available. (although these days that wouldn't' have mattered , that was in the days of "i'll be fine with a reissue" before the OG bug got me)
My copy was a gift from my wife for my Birthday a few years ago so I’m not sure where she got it. It’s not warped at all so that’s good. It’s kinda funny my wife will half pay attention to me sometimes, she knew I was into Carpenter and was obsessed with a certain album of his. She was so happy to give this to me and I really do love it but I didn’t have the heart to tell her the album I was obsessed with was EFNY. In hindsight I’m really glad she got me BTILC as it was an OG and honestly at that time I probably wanted the DW version of EFNY. So I can probably blame her for starting my OG quest :)
By inksb
CrossedPete wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:17 am My copy was a gift from my wife for my Birthday a few years ago so I’m not sure where she got it. It’s not warped at all so that’s good. It’s kinda funny my wife will half pay attention to me sometimes, she knew I was into Carpenter and was obsessed with a certain album of his. She was so happy to give this to me and I really do love it but I didn’t have the heart to tell her the album I was obsessed with was EFNY. In hindsight I’m really glad she got me BTILC as it was an OG and honestly at that time I probably wanted the DW version of EFNY. So I can probably blame her for starting my OG quest :)
That's pretty awesome she got it for you. I had a similar thing happen to me for my bday this year. My wife knows I want the Ghibli soundtracks, she chose My Neighbor Totoro because she thought that was the one I wanted the most. Which I did want but I didn't have the heart to tell her the one that I wanted the most was Princess Mononoke. Doesn't matter to me though because I'll just buy Mononoke anyways and I needed Totoro too.