Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Dollarhyde
@popsick

:O...

Wow! What a brilliant poster. Feeling satisfied, and yes a little pain, but it's all good :D
Thankyou so much for posting this, you have saved me a great deal of tedium searching Google in vain for images of it.

And of course I have to add, if you are ever willing to part with it, to sell or trade, send me a PM.

Thanks again.
By Bezulsqy
My Ondes Positives collection. I was planning to make one picture with all the bits and bobs from these packages on display, but I do not have a room big enough the put everything next to each other :-)

@ScoJo and Nick: keep 'm coming!

By ScoJo
Holy smokes Ben - that almost brings a tear.
Brings back memories too- I remember when, against all advisement, we released that album in the form of a plant that you had to ingest the chlorophyl from in distilled form and stare at a magic eye picture until you 'hear shit'. Good times.
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote:Holy smokes Ben - that almost brings a tear.
Brings back memories too- I remember when, against all advisement, we released that album in the form of a plant that you had to ingest the chlorophyl from in distilled form and stare at a magic eye picture until you 'hear shit'. Good times.
hahahaha. almost fell on the floor...
but fuck yeah, staring at that plant sometimes still makes me hear shit :-)
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote:Holy smokes Ben - that almost brings a tear.
Solid work here.

@Bez - That is an impressive haul. Good looking picture there on the lower right.
By NathanLurker
It seems I was able to catch up on 2 label collections today. I received the new addition :

Which was the last Arrow Records title I needed, as I was able to pick up all others at the Fantasia Film Festival in July, where Arrow had a merch stand and they had the good idea to bring some records for me to buy compulsively :P Bought AR002 to AR006 there.

In the mail today, I also received WRJ003LTD :
By ChrisMcQueen007
Great additions to the collection, Nathan.

I‘m sure the Arrows are great (only have the Cipriani) but I absolutely love the WeRealeaseJazz titles. Such great music, incredible sound.
By NathanLurker
deafmetal wrote:@Nathan - Nice work on those two labels. Looks like they have both been cranking out the quality releases.
They have, yes ! and the next Arrow, which I've preordered, looks very interesting. Riz Ortolani's ''The Etruscan Kills Again''. Now that I've catched up, I hope to be able to follow their release schedule. I hope we get some news about the future projects for WRJ.
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote:Great additions to the collection, Nathan. I‘m sure the Arrows are great (only have the Cipriani) but I absolutely love the WeRealeaseJazz titles. Such great music, incredible sound.
Yes and I love their thick cardboard sleeves, they look and feel great. I noticed that there's a new pressing for ''Le Cercle Rouge'' in France, but that other edition has 16 tracks, while WRJ's has 18. Their 3 first release are very well mastered too. top notch. Well, if I can be wishful, some liner notes like Finders Keepers do would be great. Still, solid releases.
Bezulsqy wrote:@Nathan: looks terrific. I only have Zero Boys and all the other records you show are on my want list :-)

if you want a suggestion on which one to prioritize, I think Death Smiles on a Murderer is fantastic, Autopsy is a great Giallo from Morricone, and I've got a soft spot for Caltiki. on WRJ, Le Cercle rouge is probably my favorite, but the first 2 will become increasingly harder to come by, so they probably should be prioritized if you plan on getting all three.
By NathanLurker
Jimmy_Mike wrote:oooooh, those date stickers are really triggering my OCD.
ahah you mean negatively right ? it's bothering your eye, not inciting you to do the same ? Sorting out and filing collection is always gonna be an OCD triggering thing :P I put the dates on top left corner of the outer plastic sleeve, and and indicator if it's 45 RPM on top right. I also put a sticker with the price I paid on bottom left in the back.

I use the date sticker to put back the records on my shelves, because I'm currently sorting my OSTs and Library records by composer name, and then by year. It's easier with the stickers to put back in the correct chronological order within the composer sections.

btw. that sorting method isn't 100% OCD proof. what to do when a soundtrack is a collaborative effort between 2 composers, or when it's half various artist songs and half score ? Do you file the ost to Rain Man or Black Rain in the Hans Zimmer section (I do) or the Various Artist section ? do you put Batman Begins with James Newton Howard, or Hans Zimmer ? It's part of the fun of collecing ;)
By Jimmy_Mike
@nathan - triggered in all the right ways, bruva.

Reminds me of how I feel every time I see Tim or Static (can't remember who) with the 45 stickers. So good.
By ScoJo
I feel confident in saying that my LP methodology would drive just about everyone here stark, raving bonkers.

I'll give you the briefest of glimpses (fearing your sanity would snap like a twig at the full nightmare, like Lovecraft suggesting the horrors in the abyss with only a handful of stygian verbs) :

Shrink, hype stickers and obi strips = straight in the trash. And not a single protective poly sleeve. Even branded ones (MOV etc).

And Black Rain? Filed under 80s.

;)
By NathanLurker
There's this guy on the STBC forum, this.... CRAZY EVIL, who trashes his OBIs and hype stickers

Shrinks, I don't like them so I trash them but I cut out the hype stickers and put them inside the jacket sleeve
By deafmetal
ScoJo wrote:I feel confident in saying that my LP methodology would drive just about everyone here stark, raving bonkers..[snip] Shrink, hype stickers and obi strips = straight in the trash. And not a single protective poly sleeve. Even branded ones (MOV etc).
@ScoJo - Nah, I feel ya on this one. I ran my collection that way for decades and really enjoyed the tactile selection and sorting of LP sleeves without all the fuss, especially when I was out mixing records every weekend. It was only after boxing and moving said collection over a dozen times and thousands and thousands of miles that I began to sour on this practice. Heavy ring wear and crushed corners on some of my favorite picture sleeves was bumming me out too much, so I drew a line in the sand about ten years ago after my last big move. I have now been "infected" with the collector's curse, and been putting my old favorites and new albums in poly sleeves. The bulk of my old electronic and metal collection is still on the shelves without sleeves though for easy selection. Shrink wrap has and will always go in the bin though. ;)
By Hatter313
deafmetal wrote:
ScoJo wrote:I feel confident in saying that my LP methodology would drive just about everyone here stark, raving bonkers..[snip] Shrink, hype stickers and obi strips = straight in the trash. And not a single protective poly sleeve. Even branded ones (MOV etc).
@ScoJo - Nah, I feel ya on this one. I ran my collection that way for decades and really enjoyed the tactile selection and sorting of LP sleeves without all the fuss, especially when I was out mixing records every weekend. It was only after boxing and moving said collection over a dozen times and thousands and thousands of miles that I began to sour on this practice. Heavy ring wear and crushed corners on some of my favorite picture sleeves was bumming me out too much, so I drew a line in the sand about ten years ago after my last big move. I have now been "infected" with the collector's curse, and been putting my old favorites and new albums in poly sleeves. The bulk of my old electronic and metal collection is still on the shelves without sleeves though for easy selection. Shrink wrap has and will always go in the bin though. ;)
I fold the regular Obis that have come on DW and Mondo lately and put them in the sleeve unless they are part of the packaging proper, Hype stickers onl;y get saved if there's something really special about them, shrink goes in the trash, and i gave up on the protective sleeves unless it already comes with them like recent WW releases or its needed for some packaging reason. i feel like i could get two more records out of my shelves each if i got rid of the sleeves i already have
By ScoJo
Interesting responses. Hmm...I shall go further!

- Almost no cleaning. Very rarely. And only if LP is especially cruddy. Then, just a little dishsoap, hot (ish) water and a soft cloth.

- If a 2nd hand record arrives and has edgewear/creases against black...I'll often touch up with sharpie or felt pens.

- All inners are originals which came with LP, never replace them with 'preffered'/ better qt inner.

- I play the shit out of my shit. Even the rare/juicy stuff. Nothing sits on the shelf sealed or unplayed for 'collector' reasons.

- My filing system is straight up bananas. Makes sense to me, sortof, but others find it wilfully nuts. And to be quite honest? There are many, many times when I've been like, 'ooh, I wanna listen to (so and so record).... where the fuck would I have put that??
By Hatter313
I redid my filing system not too long ago, it was super necessary I couldn’t find anything that wasn’t DW, Mondo, or WW, since other than those three I had everything mixed in by composer, genre, etc, and then it just got nuts.

The only reason why I’ll put something rare in a protective sleeve or something is so that whoever inhereits my collection upon my death will know what might be worth something should they choose to sell it, but it’ll be well played for sure :)
By Mateo Sanboval
I don't know what's happening in here but it's all very confusing and I don't think I like any of you anymore.
By ScoJo
Mateo Sanboval wrote:I don't know what's happening in here but it's all very confusing and I don't think I like any of you anymore.
By havershaw
here’s my Bernard Herrmann on vinyl horde.

note: I do have the Stylotone Psycho 7” and it’s really infuriating me (from an OCD standpoint) that I totally forgot to put it in these pics. oh well.
Attachments
D3A4201F-0368-4397-ADE7-3993B38FF526.jpeg
D3A4201F-0368-4397-ADE7-3993B38FF526.jpeg (377.24 KiB) Viewed 4924 times
F889FEC7-4E08-4368-8B66-BDFAA607FE6B.jpeg
F889FEC7-4E08-4368-8B66-BDFAA607FE6B.jpeg (432.25 KiB) Viewed 4924 times
By ScoJo
Fabulous stuff @havershaw. Really surprised to see no Marnie boot/fan club release! Well gawd bless Stylotone then, who are about to reward your resolve/patience ;)