Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Spun out of control
That's an amazing haul of 45's @Red... @deaf's collection already had me jealous, but this is a whole other level!

I wonder how many of us there are that own a signed Linda Lee 7-inch (though mine has Fabio's scrawl alone)? :)

Will be looking some of these gems up on the 'net when I have a spare hour.

Ditto @ScoJo's comments on the Goblin RSD release. I was getting echoes of the James Bond theme in the title track.

In any event, I'll be raising a glass of something red and Italian in appreciation. Saluti!

** Now will someone add a goddamn 'e' to the title of this thread?? **
By Red Goblin
Thanks Deafmetal, ScoJo and Spun out of control.
Too kind.
I’m proud of my collection of Frizzi & Co. 45s. Probably I have a few more. I think I have almost every LP by him and Frizzi Bixio Tempera, maybe one day I will take a picture.
The Frizzi concert was really fantastic, far better than the Frizzi2Fulci recorded on LP CD. Without the string section the sound was more tight. Great young musicians in the band. Beautiful suite of themes from Monster Shark, Manhattan baby, 4 of the apocalypse / Silver Saddle, The Psychic, Fear in the City of Living Dead, Zombie, Blastfighter, A Cat in the Brain and The Beyond. I was here with Max Velvet and two other friends and we also heard the rehearsals, amazing how they hit at the first take ‘With you’ and ‘That's no matter’ with Linda Lee, even though they never played before together. Frizzi, after the rehearsals, very kindly signed all our stuff, even my book about Goblin. Great laughs when he saw my replica of the cursed medallion from Manhattan Baby! He was really happy to meet competent Italian fans! Too bad that the audience was of about fifty people. Nemo propheta in patria.

Spun you’re right, the bass notes at the beginning of Nocturne are a nod to the James Bond Theme!
By blue15
@RedGoblin

Great Frizzi 45s collection there! I was confused at first to see the REINCARNATION OF PETER PROUD Japanese 45 on the bottom-right. I checked my copy and see Side 2 is "Death's Song," credited to Bixio-Frizzi-Tempera. Side 2 also says "Soundtrack Recording from the Film," but is it their re-working of a Goldsmith track, or is it their own work?

Also saw Frizzi live last October and enjoyed it a lot!
By Red Goblin
'Death's song' is taken from the soundtrack of 'I 4 dell'apocalisse'.
The track on side one is a reworking of the main theme from 'The reincarnation of Peter Proud' (Il misterioso caso Peter Proud in Italy) credited to Leon Herbert Orchestra aka Franco Bixio with Cinevox session musicians....
This single was published in Italy and then in Japan with a different cover.
By deafmetal
I was going through my photo archive, and thought it might be fun to add to this thread (could a mod please fix the typo in the thread title? My OCD thanks you in advance). I am a full-on nerdy collector, but I've always got something on the turntable (and loudly when I can!) Also, including some colored vinyl and picture discs just to document the Strange Vices of Mr Deaf:

Realizing I don't have enough photos of my Morricone collection at all, especially all the westerns... something fun to work on in the future.
By static14
@deaf I Fixed the title. I thought really long and hard about ending collections with a z, but in the end I couldn't do that to you. :)

Also there are so many albums in that last post me wantee!
By Bezulsqy
@deaf Thanks for sharing those pics. That's a collection and then some. Beautiful!
And love to see the western section.
By Mateo Sanboval
picnicinthejungle wrote:Wow, lots of macabre stuff there. What's the other half say?
Picnic in the Jungle just casually strolling through and dropping off their annual post like it's no big deal.
By scottydoo
Great Pics , Desperate for that Blast Fighter 7" , The Only thing missing from my Nearly complete Deathwaltz Collection (i keep telling myself it does have a catalogue code so it doesnt count) but still want it bad
By deafmetal
picnicinthejungle wrote:Wow, lots of macabre stuff there. What's the other half say?
We get along really well by not critiquing each other's hobbies and interests... haha, and I usually end up deferring for any family listening time. That said, I sneak in what I can, though it's usually more Morricone than macabre.

From deep within the nerd vault:

Would love to see some other collections. I have been doing this for almost four decades now, but I can't be the only one...
By Hatter313
I've got that rankin bass hobbit set, its great, and the bakshi OST as well, but i don't knwo those other two, what's the pic discs. I also have a hobbit LP audio book read by Nicol Williamson which is every bit as insanely awesome as it sounds.
By deafmetal
@Hatter - The picture discs are just another pressing of the Leonard Rosenman score for Bakshi's Rings. The one on the left is Bo Hansson's tribute album, which has some Moog noodling amongst the instrumental psych rock:

The one on the right is a disco band taking the Rosenman score to whole new level:

Wow, Nicol Williamson reading The Hobbit? How have I missed that one...
Last edited by deafmetal on Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Hatter313
oh very cool.

Yeah i stumbled upon the Williamson thing while looking for a good copy of the rankin bass box (mine has all the patches but they've been cut from the sheet).

It's very cool, but then any Nicol Williamson is cool, that voice is just something else.
By Dollarhyde
@deaf,

That Hobbit picture disc! And wow, Lord of the rings disco :D Ive never seen or heard of that before.

Awesome stuff!
By Dollarhyde
@deaf

And, Man!! That pic at the top 'king of the Beats' :D

Also how do you rate Yuji Ohno's Cosmos Lp? I still need that one.
By Bezulsqy
@Deaf
Such a great collection...
I also would love to see some other collections. Frozeneyeball and Monsterworship seem to have some impressive collections as well. And very interested to see ScoJo's way of storing his vinyl :-)
By ScoJo
Hey @Bez -

Ah man, sorry to disappoint you - I went legit about 6months ago.
File 14-09-2017, 12 06 33.jpeg
File 14-09-2017, 12 06 33.jpeg (1.46 MiB) Viewed 6852 times
File 14-09-2017, 12 04 51.jpeg
File 14-09-2017, 12 04 51.jpeg (712.18 KiB) Viewed 6852 times
That's the soundtracks, have about the same again of 'other' in Kallax also. The days of No Floor Space are most definitely behind me ;)
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote:Hey @Bez -
That's the soundtracks, have about the same again of 'other' in Kallax also. The days of No Floor Space are most definitely behind me ;)
Still looks nice! I admit I was hoping for stacks of records on top of sleeves and crates everywhere :-)
I have only filled about 7 of those cubes at the moment... Very cool to see you real collectors in action!
By Dollarhyde
Obis ahoy!
My Nippon Columbia 'TV Original BGM Collection' Collection (plus a little Seiji Yokoyama heat at the end).

I'm still missing about 5 lps from this series, or the ones with that logo on the obi at least, may pick them up some time, if the price is right.

Some are definitely better than others in the series but still on the whole its all fairly solid stuff.

And also if anyone has a Dracula Sovereign of the Damned obi spare, PM me! Dollarhyde's got the Dollars ;D
Attachments
_20170915_233030.JPG
_20170915_233030.JPG (1.04 MiB) Viewed 6807 times
_20170916_005348.JPG
_20170916_005348.JPG (1.17 MiB) Viewed 6807 times
_20170915_231823.JPG
_20170915_231823.JPG (1.16 MiB) Viewed 6807 times
_20170915_233957.JPG
_20170915_233957.JPG (1.46 MiB) Viewed 6807 times