Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By havershaw
haha, there’s a bootleg Marnie in there - it’s sandwiched between Cape Fear and Torn Curtain.

I’ve actually had several of them, but that’s the only one that sounds any good.

I haven’t made a final decision on Psycho yet (and there are at least 2 other boots of it out there).
I know eventually there will be an official release, but until then I’d like to sort out which boot is best (and I’ll still probably keep that one because I love the sound of the recording as preserved on the actual film).
By ScoJo
havershaw wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:19 pm haha, there’s a bootleg Marnie in there - it’s sandwiched between Cape Fear and Torn Curtain.

I’ve actually had several of them, but that’s the only one that sounds any good.

I haven’t made a final decision on Psycho yet (and there are at least 2 other boots of it out there).
I know eventually there will be an official release, but until then I’d like to sort out which boot is best (and I’ll still probably keep that one because I love the sound of the recording as preserved on the actual film).
Haha, so it is!

Think it's different from one I have...
17605445364_c9fec3b7f4_z.jpg
17605445364_c9fec3b7f4_z.jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 6001 times
I'll no doubt be springing £40 for the new Stylotone official release. This score is so worth it :)))
By NathanLurker
That's a great collection, Herrmanno. My own collection of BH scores is way too small. there's a few I want to pick up, like the recent pressings of cape fear and North by Northwest. But my wishlist is too long, I kinda have to complete my waxwork, DeathWaltz and Four Flies first.
By havershaw
ScoJo, I had that one at some point (super heavy red vinyl!) but the sound on it wasn’t that great. The one I kept (pictured) is a lot better sounding than any other boot - it must have come from the master tapes, somehow.

Selling the one that you have was tough for me, though, as the cover is far cooler. But the sound made it pretty easy.
Attachments
214F9BC0-E1A9-4FFC-B946-19A4878E6890.jpeg
214F9BC0-E1A9-4FFC-B946-19A4878E6890.jpeg (283.7 KiB) Viewed 5993 times
By Bezulsqy
My Japanese 7" spaghetti western collection:
From top left to bottom right:
1 Ennio Morricone ‎– 夕陽のガンマン = Per Qualche Dollaro In Piu'
2 エンニオ・モリコーネ* ‎– ウエスタン オリジナル・サウンドトラック
3 Ennio Morricone ‎– 夕陽のガンマン = La Resa Dei Conti
4 Raoul ‎– Arizona Colt = 南から来た用心棒
5 Raoul, Nora Orlandi, Ennio Morricone, Bruno Nicolai ‎– Italian Western Best Hits 4
6 Alessandro Derevitzky ‎– 荒野のみな殺し = Degueyo (Original Sound Track)
7 Riz Ortolani E La Sua Orchestra ‎– 怒りの荒野 = I Giorni Dell'ira / Fino All'ultimo Colpo
8 Marcello Giombini ‎– 西部悪人伝 = Ehi Amigo, C'e Sabata / Auira Banjo (Original Soundtrack Recording)
9 Bruno Nicolai ‎– 荒野のドラゴン = Il Mio Nome E' Shangai Joe
10 Carlo Rustichelli ‎– Sul Fiume / Carmen E Jose
11 Francesco De Masi ‎– 地獄から来たプロガンマン = Seven Dollars To Kill = 7 Dollari Sul Rosso
12 Marcello Giombini, Peppino Gagliardi ‎– 拳銃のバラード = Ballata Per Un Pistolero
13 M. Gianni Ferrio / Fred Bongusto ‎– 続荒野の1ドル銀貨 = A Man... A Story
14 Sergio Endrigo ‎– 真昼の用心棒 = Back Home Someday
15 Various ‎– Django = 続荒野の用心棒
16 Ennio Morricone ‎– 夕陽のギャングたち = Duck! You Sucker
17 Don Powell, Carlo Savina ‎– 無宿のプロガンマン = There Will Come A Morning
18 Leo Nichols ‎– 帰ってきたガンマン = The Hills Run Red (Original Sound Track)
Attachments
E67CC99E-8586-4518-ADBD-EFF76233B90A.jpeg
E67CC99E-8586-4518-ADBD-EFF76233B90A.jpeg (870.48 KiB) Viewed 5919 times
By vinyljunkie
inksb wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:28 pm
vinyljunkie wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:06 pm Big thanks to “Enjoy The Ride Records” for selecting me as their Record Collector of the Month for October — this was so much fun to put together!

https://enjoytheriderecords.com/blogs/r ... 9-part-two
Very cool. I didn't realize that I followed you on IG. I love that shot of the VS records. That's a nice little write they did.
LOL, yeah us soundtrack collectors seem to find each other on social media! Thanks, I'm pretty proud of my small, but growing VS collection (thankfully, I've managed to obtain most of my "grails") -- yeah, its a pretty neat feature they do at Enjoy The Ride (they just give you the questions and you do all the writing) -- I'm sure many of you would make for great additions!
By vinyljunkie
texasvinyl wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:47 pm Cool writeup. Another poor soul sacrificed to the gods of library music!!!
Thanks! Fortunately, I haven't fallen too far down the rabbit hole of library music, but I'm sure it'll happen at some point LOL!
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:56 pm My Japanese 7" spaghetti western collection:
From top left to bottom right:
1 Ennio Morricone ‎– 夕陽のガンマン = Per Qualche Dollaro In Piu'
2 エンニオ・モリコーネ* ‎– ウエスタン オリジナル・サウンドトラック
3 Ennio Morricone ‎– 夕陽のガンマン = La Resa Dei Conti
4 Raoul ‎– Arizona Colt = 南から来た用心棒
5 Raoul, Nora Orlandi, Ennio Morricone, Bruno Nicolai ‎– Italian Western Best Hits 4
6 Alessandro Derevitzky ‎– 荒野のみな殺し = Degueyo (Original Sound Track)
7 Riz Ortolani E La Sua Orchestra ‎– 怒りの荒野 = I Giorni Dell'ira / Fino All'ultimo Colpo
8 Marcello Giombini ‎– 西部悪人伝 = Ehi Amigo, C'e Sabata / Auira Banjo (Original Soundtrack Recording)
9 Bruno Nicolai ‎– 荒野のドラゴン = Il Mio Nome E' Shangai Joe
10 Carlo Rustichelli ‎– Sul Fiume / Carmen E Jose
11 Francesco De Masi ‎– 地獄から来たプロガンマン = Seven Dollars To Kill = 7 Dollari Sul Rosso
12 Marcello Giombini, Peppino Gagliardi ‎– 拳銃のバラード = Ballata Per Un Pistolero
13 M. Gianni Ferrio / Fred Bongusto ‎– 続荒野の1ドル銀貨 = A Man... A Story
14 Sergio Endrigo ‎– 真昼の用心棒 = Back Home Someday
15 Various ‎– Django = 続荒野の用心棒
16 Ennio Morricone ‎– 夕陽のギャングたち = Duck! You Sucker
17 Don Powell, Carlo Savina ‎– 無宿のプロガンマン = There Will Come A Morning
18 Leo Nichols ‎– 帰ってきたガンマン = The Hills Run Red (Original Sound Track)
Bez. I'm just seeing this now. Dude. Guybromandude. Duuuuuuuuude.
By Bezulsqy
Reminiscing One Way Static tape releases.
Attachments
A3157C03-436D-4799-843E-9A1A6A6214C2.jpeg
A3157C03-436D-4799-843E-9A1A6A6214C2.jpeg (2.13 MiB) Viewed 5424 times
By Bezulsqy
Spun out of control wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:15 pm @Bez has the best posts on here...

Loved those One Way Static releases and the effort put into them ;)

Also loved that they had a cassette sub.

Are OWS still going? Or in a much reduced capacity?
Yes, loved their cassette sub. It was funny that they did put a lot of effort in some special packaging but still ending up with covers that were to small to house the tapes in. Look at the Mark of the Devil and Candyman 2. I did play that Mark of the Devil tape a lot. It is a great soundtrack.

OWS last release appears to be the RSD 2019 release of Metavari - Absurda-Music Reimagined In The Short Films Of David Lynch

OWS became part of Tidal Waves Music. Strange Disc Records also became part of that group.

One Way Static still sells stuff (also test pressings) on Discogs (based in Belgium): https://www.discogs.com/seller/onewaystatic/profile
By CrossedPete
As I said earlier here’s my VS collection so far. I’m just including my OG pressings and none of the newer releases but I have a few of those also. I would love to see other people’s
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.6 MiB) Viewed 4027 times
By Hatter313
Pete...Pete....a health warning if you please next time...my god what a sight. out of these I have that Burning and I have Dunwich Horror, I stupidly left Phantasm at a store once and i keep meaning to get back to see if its still there. (I did buy a VS NOTL at the time so it wasn't a total wash)

I Have the german EFNY release from the same masters, and a few other VS's, i'll have to go through the stacks and pull them out to see if i'm worthy of a pic.

Creepshow, The Fog, Halloween, Halloween 2, Reanimator are all VS grails for me that i'll get around to..

But most importantly

MOST importantly

Is that you are yet another fortunate SOB with an OG Evil Dead. THAT is the prize right there my friend.

Absolutely gorgeous OG VS collection Sir.
By Hatter313
Ok, i actually had a few more than I remembered, and a few i forgot for VS pressings like Osterman Weekend and Pee Wee, Which was sealed when my local brick and mortar got it in.
image_50410753.JPG
image_50410753.JPG (2.2 MiB) Viewed 4019 times
By inksb
Well Pete your "humble" VS collection includes some of my biggest grails. Insanely jealous and in awe of that collection up there. @hatter yours gives me pains of jealousy as well (that Aliens!). I personally only have maybe 2 or 3 OG VS pressings so it's not worth pulling out for a photo. My goal for the year is to try to obtain some more though. Any one with some spare copies in the US willing to part with any shoot me a message ;)
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:22 am Well Pete your "humble" VS collection includes some of my biggest grails. Insanely jealous and in awe of that collection up there. @hatter yours gives me pains of jealousy as well (that Aliens!). I personally only have maybe 2 or 3 OG VS pressings so it's not worth pulling out for a photo. My goal for the year is to try to obtain some more though. Any one with some spare copies in the US willing to part with any shoot me a message ;)
Yeah i've been feeling the same VS bug too.
By CrossedPete
Thanks @harvershaw

@hatter you got some great ones, a couple that are definitely on my want list House, NOTLD, the Road Warrior to name a few. I hope you can still grab Phantasm as it is a great one. I was in the same boat but with Swamp Thing I passed on it and I regret it everyday. How’s that the year of living dangerously? I’ve been thinking about picking that one up.

Thanks @inks what titles do to have? Also I’ve seen some of the Video Game soundtracks you post. Talk about jealousy