Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By NMA
@Volzom Zofbie - An awesome haul! I hope you enjoy them. By the way... How does Nosferatu sound & look?
By Volzom Zofbie
NMA, it's sounding pretty alright to my ears, but of course I wouldn't know if the black version sounded better. First half of the edition is pressed on transparent red vinyl. Gatefold cover is silvery with spot varnish - hard to get a good photo of! Two posters (one you probably wouldn't hang on your wall anyway), the same six page insert about Popol Vuh as I got in Aguirre and of course excessive liner notes in the gatefold. Did I mention two padded black inners and a re-sealable outer, not pvc?
All in all a huge package here, but I can't help thinking if I'm perhaps missing like 5% of the music because of the clear red wax. Silly me!

The story of the Nosferatu soundtrack editions through the years appears a little caotic. Several editions, with several sleeves and completely different tracklists have appeared in different countries. What we tried to offer here is the definitive edition of Popol Vuh's works for this fantastic Werner Herzog 1979 tribute to the old Murnau classic. When asked for a new soundtrack for Herzog's project, Florian Fricke and Daniel Fichelscher came out with a magnificent album that once again, as it had happened with Hosianna Mantra, opened new paths to follow. The album, although having been recorded with the movie in mind, was not titled Nosferatu. Instead it was released as Brüder des Schattens - Söhne des Lichts, which can be translated as "Brother Of Darkness - Son Of Light". It first came out in 1978 featuring amazing new age / ambient escapades based on repetitive passages and instrumentation of incredible beauty, recorded with the help of Al Gromer (Amon Düül) on sitar, Bob Eliscu (Between) on oboe, Ted de Jong on tamboura plus a complete church choir ensemble from Munich. Brüder des Schattens..., also issued in other editions as Nosferatu, makes disc one on this gorgeous double LP set.

Disc two of the Wah Wah edition features the LP that was originally released as the Nosferatu Original Sound Track album, also known as On The Way To A Little Way. A 1978 release, although it contained material recorded prior to that date. Right in the middle of the film production, Herzog felt he needed more music and asked Fricke for obscure, scary material. He searched the Popol Vuh archives and compiled the great collection that Nosferatu / On The Way... is. It came out a varied selectionç where older Moog tracks mix with more reflexive material that already gives clues of what's to come in Brüder des Schattens... Nevertheless, despite all the variety -or maybe thanks to it,- Nosferatu / On The Way To... turned out to be a fantastic, classic Popol Vuh album. We have added one bonus track previously unreleased in vinyl format.

Werner Herzog: “The music in my films is also very much neglected, if I may interrupt you, in Germany as well. Since AGUIRRE, my friend Florian Fricke, has done the music for almost all my films - for STEINER, for LA SOUFRIERE, for STROSZEK, and for HEART OF GLASS - and I’ve tried to push very hard so that he would be given the National Film Award this year. They’ve never given it to him, and there has been complete neglect of his work. Not even a single mention! And this year they just by-passed him once again!” [From: Images at the Horizon, 1979]

Popol Vuh has been nominated three times for an Oscar for best original score:
 1972 (Aguirre), 1979 (Nosferatu) and 1987 (Cobra Verde).

Collected in a gorgeous limited edition double LP set, first half of the edition issued in transparent red vinyl, are the two albums that relate to Werner Herzog's Nosferatu. Housed in a fantastic silver sleeve with the Klaus Kinski / Isabelle Adjani artwork from the movie poster as used for the 1979 PDU Italian issue. The gatefold cover artwork is completed with graphic material from On The Way To A Little Way plus photos from the movie kindly provided by Werner Herzog himself. A killer 50 x 70 cm full colour reproduction of the movie poster is included, as is an insert with detailed liner notes and one bonus track not on the original albums.

It has been master Cut by Lex Van Coeverden @ www.thevinylroom.nl for a high quality sound pressing that will satisfy the most exquisite audiophile.
By oaxaca
Amazing haul Volzom, good to see inside that Nosferatu release too, high on my wishlist!

Here's the fruit of my digging today (2 osts, 2 non-osts):

By The Cult Leader
Package from LITA sitting at my door today. Boogey Man came out great and has that neat little bonus CD-record with some radio spots kind of like the flexi with Last House on the Left. For Mark of the Devil I chose the Coke Bottle Green variant since I don't already own a similar variant and it sounds clear as a bell.
By texasvinyl
Boogeyman & MoTD both turned out great!

Has anyone received the new Contempos yet? Wondering how they sound compared to the last batch..
By NMA
@Volzom Zofbie Thank you very much for your thorough explanation and the photo ;) That sure looks promising. I'm looking forward to receiving mine...
By Vapormeyer
Two little gems I'll be listening to later:
By Spun out of control
@Vapor... Snap!

Looks like a few of us have been picking up the fantastic Alessandroni LP from Intervallo which appears to have close affiliations with Soundohm... the Pinky Violence LP was tracked down on the back of a quick flash in these threads courtesy of @Spencer, followed up by @Disco on the DFC - so cheers chaps for that.
By Vapormeyer
@Spun I had a funny chat with Fabio from Soundohm today as I got shipping notice from him but I hadn't ordered anything. The funny thing is it's my birthday in a couple of days and thought to myself how on earth can he know about that!. Turns out him and Intervallo are very closely linked and i felt like a twit.
By Vapormeyer
@spun even our carpets are similar.
By Vapormeyer
@spun Yours looks like a tighter weave though.
By Spun out of control
@Vapor... :)

Yeah, was also perplexed at first to receive a shipping notice from Soundohm when I didn't recall having ordered anything (or maybe I had but didn't remember, which equals pre-ordering too many records)

I'll say one thing for them though, they do ship ultra fast. Ordered on the Saturday afternoon and hand delivered by UPS in the UK Tuesday afternoon. Can't fault the service or the product.
By Bezulsqy
After a nice holiday at a warm Greek island this great package from OWS was waiting for me:
By Oiche

@vapor @spun - Solidarity brothers! :) The pinky LP is great spun, not listened to it for a few years so thanks for the nudge!

Other arrivals for todays listening
By NathanLurker

The first Giallo Disco EPs with proper covers since The Baskin OST
By jgibbs4053

Nothing better than coming home from a week long vacation in the Dominican to find some albums waiting for you
By sonnydexter
@Darrell Ive been after a copy of NOTLD for ages but the prices ...wow! did you get a good deal on this?
By jgibbs4053
Yeah I've held off from buying for a while as well due to cost, but I picked it up for 45. It's the most I've spent for an album, but I've never seen it that low before.
By NathanLurker
45$USD ? Good Score, Darrell. Haven't ever seen it below 75$USD minimum
By static14
An Italian kinda day :)

By deafmetal
@static - That is a pile of gold there, very nice.
By maxvelvet
@Red: cool! Can't wait!! ;)

Here's another italian invasion, these covers are beautiful!!

;)
By NMA
Jewel time!