Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Oiche
You know what they say, cometh the big pants, cometh the man. Also post war tough guys can pack serious words per minute!
By texasvinyl
Is that Roger Dean artwork? Sounds cool, looks like they sold out in a hurry!
By frozeneyeball
@oiche I snagged a copy from the smallest record shop in the UK: VOD Music in North Wales.
By Oiche
@texas - Not the Deanmeister, but certainly reminiscent!
@frozen - Nice one! Read about that recently HERE Looks a great shop run by a real enthusiast.
By danwh1tepony

A bunch of stone cold stunners here! Catching up on my purchases and trying not to buy a load more. Bought A Cat In The Brain and Maniac Cop 2 when shipping was 10 dollars for unlimited international from Mondo and both were the variants! That's the first time I ever got a Mondo variant, glad it happened before they stopped doing them.
By blastman
Tell us more of that Meliora set, TG, what's in it? The album is really good, I've not bought a physical copy yet, though.....
By Oiche

Italian library alert! From Jonny Trunk -
"I have news of a brand new mini venture. I've teamed up with James from Votary / The Roundtable and we have a tiny label thing just starting called Pheon, only pressing limited 500 copy vinyl runs of rare, sought after library music. The first LP is the first ever repress of the aquatic masterpiece "Sea Fantasy"
Really enjoying this one!
By Vapormeyer
@oiche Looking forward to getting my copy. Shipping notice received yesterday so can't wait. In the meantime I'll be listening to Tron whilst sleeping in it's box.
By Oiche
@ Vapormeyer - some nice drama and vintage electronic sounds here, you wont be disappointed!
By waxinmyhead
Listening right now. It's good- swirling strings, shimmering harp, hypnotic percussion. Nice quiet pressing too, which cannot always be said for new releases.
By Vapormeyer
Sounds good to me. I wonder if it will top my other favourite aquatic record?
I actually wonder if there's more albums out there that are oceanic related, I seem to be drawn to them for some reason. This is another favourite of mine:
By Oiche
Not sure it'll top Libaek - great LP- got Votary & Trunk versions :). Got a few Baxters but not that one - that looks sweet! Another to the want list...
By layneharvey
late birthday gift from mi'lady. took ages to get here after it shipped from amazon... haven't seen the film, but the clips i have heard of the score, it is pretty dark. stamped number 75 of 750.

By monsterworship

Vapor - Danielle Patucchi makes some great underwater music too.
By Vapormeyer
@monster Thankyou for that, much appreciated. I'm going to go and have a listen to what I can find online by them.
By Dollarhyde
Very happy with my 'sea fantasy' reissue too. I thought there was some wierd noise reduction effecting the high end on the percussion after putting on the first track, but I think this is from the original recording as some form of filtering or phasing on the drums.

Phased drums seemed to be all the rage on the 70's library scene :)

@Vapor

some other underwater related libraries (click them for the discogs link)

Fabio Fabor - Aquarium

Magical Strange Mysterious Underwater

Sharks and Men
By Dollarhyde
Theres this Patucchi too, but the underwater tracks I think are all from either Sharks and Men or Men and the Sea

Violent Dramatic Pieces and Suspense
By Dollarhyde
Impatiently waiting for the Japanese gatefold LP version of this to arrive.
Fist Of The North Star OST (click)

Thankyou @Tigerlab and @Transmission for rekindling my love for manga and anime, just recently rewatched a whole bunch. Anyone know if the instrumental version of Purple eyes used in the English dub of Hokuto No Ken was ever pressed on wax? both the vocal and instrumental have been on repeat :D

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QLM5J1 ... FCti6NumFp[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZYirKZe6Ns[/video]
By Purplemule74
Someone turned in the original 1982 CBS Records LP release of Tron to one of my local record stores. Awesome! Great shape.

Found a fun coupon inside. Unfortunately, the coupon expired 32 years, 11 months and 13 days ago, but I'm sure no one is counting...

By Dollarhyde
@Purplemule

You need to find that abandoned flynn's arcade. This could be your pass into the grid. :)
By Dollarhyde

Data Discs have really knocked it out the park with thier first release.

Quality artwork... check
Obi...check
X2 lithographs...check
Collectible character cards...check
Anti stat sleeve...check
Perfectly eq'd mastering..check
Crackle free splatter variant...check
Vg quote in the deadwax...check
Vg fx lockgroove..check

Really cant wait for what you guys have planned for the future.
By tonyandrewgiles
@Layne - I just got this for the store, is it worth a listen?
By layneharvey
@TAG - i'll try to listen this evening and let you know. haven't a chance to sit down with it yet!
By tonyandrewgiles
@layne - Cheers buddy :)