Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By tim28212
nothing sells a house like a bowl full of lemons :)
By layneharvey
i'd buy the house just for the bowl of lemons. where abouts is said bowl of lemons?
By static14
@layne We're in MA but as of labor day weekend we'll be in VA.
By tim28212
@static, where in Virginia? We'll be like next door neighbors, well maybe next state neighbors :)
By static14
@tim Northern VA. Our temp place until we sell our old house and buy a new one is in Ashburn. As far as buying goes we're looking in Leesburg and the surrounding areas.
By deafmetal
@static - Great score on The Fog! A classic dig out of the dusty tomb of the local record shop? Trust there is no misty mildew on the sleeve!
By layneharvey
guys, seriously, holy shit. this score is immense and maniacal. and that vinyl. soooooo pretty. knocked it out of the park yet again, spencer!

By texasvinyl

Find of the month for me, Roky Erickson Don't Slander Me on Pink Dust Records. This album kicks a copious amount of ass!

[video]https://youtu.be/5BqnLBjmmb4[/video]
By bpwlogan
@Texas a true find. Roky is a legendary Texas garage rock icon, and in my opinion one of the inventors of psychedelic rock. Enjoy!
By layneharvey
let me take this opportunity to say how motherfucking killer zombi holocaust is. holy cow! i was glued to my speakers. and let me also take this opportunity to say that my best friend, who has been a cabinetmaker/woodworker for 20 years made this for me for my birthday. it is a stand to hold a record in a "now playing" kind of fashion. it is simply a work of art. spectacular. he is also the man that helped me build every last one of my record shelves pictured below. here is zombi holocaust resting very nicely on the stand, along with some other pictures of it.

By NathanLurker
Awesome Layne ! I've really liked my first spin of Zombi Holocaust from yesterday, it's a great great release. That homemade display stand is super nice, it's a great gift
By Occhionero
The stand - I would buy one. Looks pretty cool.
By bpwlogan
Really cool Layne. Looks like you have a nice collection. I wish I had some shelves like that. Still waiting for my retail version of Zombie Holocaust all of the postings sound real positive about the release. Hopefully, I'll have mine at the beginning of the week.
By DISCOSUCKS...
Is that stand Cedar or Maple @layne?

Beautiful.
By layneharvey
@nathan @occhionero - thanks dudes! if anyone would like me to ask, he may be able to make a few more. let me know and i can ask him about cost and whatnot. it is a beauty for sure.

@disco - it is cherry wood.
By bpwlogan

Always nice to get a little Saturday shopping around town in.

By Occhionero
Would really like to know for how much I could purchase one. But I live in Germany - shipping costs could be horror?!
By layneharvey
a coupla new ones from yesterday:

this one arrived yesterday from a gent on discogs for $25 shipped. hell of a deal for something that's been on my wantlist for a while:

picked these two up from my local record shop last night. been meaning to pick up the Minecraft (my kids are big fans of the game), and it turns out it is perfect for a rainy sunday. very chill.

and inglourious basterds was a total score. never seen it in the shop before and it was a sealed new copy. not sure if this was reissued recently or not, but it looks like an OG from '09.

By EdKings
Look what the cat dragged in..

Shout out to @layneharvey , thnx man! He even put in a little extra: the Lunatic 7" ! Total surprise! Thank you so much mate ;)
Mad Max sounds so awesome! Track "Brothers in Arms" is epic!
By layneharvey
hey @occhionero! what is your email address? we can take it there. my friend that made mine was thinking 50 US dollars + shipping (which i can mock up the cost of shipping using mine, a scale, and the postal website). based on similar things that i found during some online research (which don't look nearly as good, in my opinion!), that sounds like a fair price. it really is a beauty. he is a magician with wood (did i just say that? ha!). :)

and it is pretty lightweight, so shipping may not be as bad as you think.

my email is harveypetit (at) gmail (dot) com.
By layneharvey
two new arrivals today, one from @deepfocus ans the other from @cadabra by way if LITA.

I SELL THE DEAD - red/purple swirl - came with large poster. looks fantastic. can't wait to spin it:

lee brown coye WHERE IS ABBY? AND OTHER TALES - this is so perfect. right in my wheelhouse. the artwork is stunning. this is definitely next in line for listening: