Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By bpwlogan
Well here's the retail version. I just got done playing all four sides and the sound quality is excellent as usual DW never lets you down!

By bpwlogan
This arrived today for the lp to cd subscription from Varese. I really don't have many soundtracks on cd so I thought this was pretty cool.

By DISCOSUCKS...
@Spun - you could ship unstable nitro-glycerin in those Disney Music Emporium mailers!! :D

I took mine in to my local record store, just to give them a chuckle. They were both impressed and amazed. It's like being given a brief glimpse of a Utopian future for vinyl heads.......
By layneharvey
i was at my local record store the other day and they had a copy of tron legacy in the bin. i gave it a listen online last week, and it just wasn't grabbing me... shame, since it seems like i am the only one on here that hasn't picked it up by now.
By Spun out of control
@disco - yeah the Tron mailer is quite mad in its robustness...could otherwise fit half a dozen LPs in there easy.

@layneharvey... it's always good to stand apart from the crowd occasionally... I kinda get a bit of where you're coming from. First time I heard the Legacy score in isolation was at the same time as the score for the Social Network came out, and at the time NIN were the stronger for me. However Legacy has grown on me since, having picked up a cheap copy of the CD in Japan. It's good music for driving or getting stuff done to :)

Also today these showed up... a load of pre-orders arriving at once, which is sometimes the way. Really enjoying the Sospetto Four Blind Mirrors 2x LP with a different giallo/exploitation-flavoured theme on each of its four sides... the breezy/cheesy Morricone-like side 2 is a thing of beauty...

Cuts I felt I had to pick up from Invada after liking their track at the end of the score for Ex_Machina
By layneharvey
another arrival today! i am a huge Hammer fan, so this was a must have. hard to find a decently priced copy of the original pressing in decent shape, so i am super happy that Dust Bug reissued this. the vinyl is beautiful. but what the hell number did i get? i can't make heads or tales of what that number is! :) also, big thanks to OWS/Seb for getting his hands on some of these. above and beyond, as usual!

By maxvelvet
@Layne: Great purchase! Your number is definitely 451/500! :D ;)
By tim28212
I found this copy online for a reasonable price and I figured I better get it. With the death of Wes Craven I only see prices going up.

By phantomnoir
Just bought this online:

By static14
@tim not to mention it's a killer score :)
By jgibbs4053

A couple of albums I have picked up over past 2 weeks
By bpwlogan
Nice haul Darrell. Always liked the AIC-Unplugged. I'm still stuck with the CD. MOV presses a killer vinyl. Enjoy!
By Dawn78
My first post on here, so I thought I'd show some stuff I received this week.
By deafmetal
Having a listen to Mondo's new 45rpm cut of a favorite OST.

The artwork has an interesting appeal. I especially enjoy the gatefold. I am reminded of Katsuhiro Otomo for some reason. I also enjoyed the Morricone interview, although it is brief. Nice package, and the vinyl sounds good to me.
By layneharvey
@dawn78 - wow! what a haul!!!
By bpwlogan
@Dawn78- nice grab! I take it the DOTD Unreleased Soundtrack Music is the original press? It would be nice if it got a reissue. I still kick myself for not picking that up in 2003 or so when you could get it for $20 in the record store. It's out of my price range now.
By studiord
Who is this?

This is Stuntman Mike!
By maxvelvet
Some recent purchases ;)

For your happiness Dagored comes with a new inner sleeve! ;)

By deafmetal
@Max - good news on the Dagored sleeves (and nice pile of wax btw!).
By Dawn78
Yeah it's the original press. I picked it up at a price I could live with. Been wanting it for a few years now and finally glad it's in my collection.
By DISCOSUCKS...
By Oiche
Nice eclectic buzz on there disco! I was impressed by the Gangsters OST, picked up at amoeba for 3 bucks sealed! :)
By Oiche
I cannot overstate how much I f@@kin love this box set received today from Fruits De Mer. Top 5 releases of the year easy. Posters, prints and 8 x side long psychedelic jams from 8 bands. Nice in every detail.
By DISCOSUCKS...
Well, who doesn't like listening to tough guys talkin' tough? ;)