Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

tim28212 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:17 pm Thank you Barnes & Noble for completing my set.
Dude yes! amoeba sent me vol 3 two weeks ago and I emailed them just to make sure 2 was still coming and a few days later they confirmed that there were really weird distro delays for vol 2 for some reason, but it showed up with them that morning and was going out that day. All three are finally here.
inksb wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:19 pm
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:10 pm This pasta arrived today.
My copy of Prisma should be arriving today! I'm unfamiliar with that other record, what is it?
It's Manson inspired Ital Library from Four Flies...they even printed the spine right this time. That's 1 for 3 for me. OCD levels dropped a smidge.

"Gor-Lami"
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:24 pm
inksb wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:19 pm
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:10 pm This pasta arrived today.
My copy of Prisma should be arriving today! I'm unfamiliar with that other record, what is it?
It's Manson inspired Ital Library from Four Flies...they even printed the spine right this time. That's 1 for 3 for me. OCD levels dropped a smidge.

"Gor-Lami"
Thanks, just checked out Four Flies bandcamp and I can listen to there. Really enjoying the first track.
It’s been an extremely hectic holiday season - lots of work for me but also family visiting from out of town, so I haven’t been able to spin a single record in the last two weeks!
but that didn’t stop the mail from coming, so my “to listen” pile has gotten ridiculous.
B10D5882-CF32-4F8B-9F86-476878C559A2.jpeg
B10D5882-CF32-4F8B-9F86-476878C559A2.jpeg (566.23 KiB) Viewed 2651 times
(not pictured: 4 KPMs with the typical generic covers and a bunch of obscure generic-sleeved orchestral library drama records.)
great picks @havershaw! really like that World About Us. William Loose is such a overseen library star imo. need to hear that Sound Stage #9.
also, that Patchwork #29 is a winner! surely you know that #3 and #20 are in the same vein, so if you like #29, you whould check these out.

just out of curiosity, what # is that Southern and Synchrofox?
@million I’m not sure how I stumbled across this Patchwork, but I wasn’t too familiar with any of them, so no, I didn’t know about the others. Thanks for the tip! (My wallet does not thank you though.)

Synchrofox:
https://www.discogs.com/Various-Untitle ... e/12327428

Southern:
https://www.discogs.com/The-Westway-Stu ... se/3673951

I bought the Fox because I somehow found some Frank Talley tracks online and really loved them.
I’ve been trying to find the rest of his “Moon Journey” stuff which someone sent me as mp3s - a few are on other Fox records but I couldn’t find all of them and I can’t find a specific “Moon Journey” record anywhere.
@million yeah that Southern is really cool. Lots of prettt classic orchestral drama/suspense cues and a few slightly unexpected jazzy turns on side 2.

I am totally obsessed with this Patchwork I got and sadly must now obtain more. This is such a cool record.
need to check this Southern out, sounds good enough for me, haha!

these three Cosma Patchwork's records are extremely addictive. i am really sorry and should have warned you earlier but...your life does not make any sense without them anymore, haha!
NathanLurker wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:50 pm I got that trilogy too. only checked City of the Living dead for the moment, different tracklist than the DW and 'Private' editions. I think it sounded good, on first spin.
Yeah, it's the same tracklist as the first Beat pressing from '82 I believe, non-expanded.
#GodzillaTime!

Plays like a 'best of' the scores from the early Toho movies, with a couple of sound effects tracks throw in for good measure - there's a fold out insert inside that has lots of black and white stills from the original run - recently collected on that mammoth Criterion blu ray set.

Discogs says:
Excerpts of the soundtracks from the following movies:
Akira Ifukube - 'Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster' / San daikaijû: Chikyû saidai no kessen (1964) (A1, B6)
Akira Ifukube - 'Godzilla' / Gojira (1954) (A2, A3, A4)
Akira Ifukube - 'King Kong vs Godzilla' / Kingu Kongu tai Gojira (1962) (A5, A7, B4, B5)
Akira Ifukube - 'Destroy All Monsters' / Kaijû sôshingeki (1968) (A6, A8, B1)
Akira Ifukube - 'Terror of Mechagodzilla' / Mekagojira no gyakushu (1975) (A9, B9)
Masaru Sato - 'Son of Godzilla' / Kaijûtô no kessen: Gojira no musuko (1967) (B2)
Masaru Sato - 'Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla' / Gojira tai Mekagojira (1974) (B3)
Akira Ifukube - 'Mothra vs Godzilla' / Mosura tai Gojira (1964) (B7, B8, B10)

https://www.discogs.com/Various-ゴジラ-オリジ ... 5918?ev=rr
Attachments
Godzilla Japanese soundtrack vinyl LP.jpg
Godzilla Japanese soundtrack vinyl LP.jpg (310.3 KiB) Viewed 2300 times