Post video clips here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

@Spun - I saw that video. Good stuff.

@Vi-Res - What are you up to down there? Planning wax cylinder release of The First People/1?
static14 wrote:Anyone who wants to release anything on 1/4" open reel or minidisc can sign me up now. :)
Seriously. Same here. Like maybe some kind of special edition of the Blade Runners score. Wouldn't that be nice?
ScoJo wrote:@mateo -

Static already released this. In an edition of 1. Killed it, though clearly underestimated demand.
You don't say.
@static14 Woah!! not only does that machine look brand new but you have a flipping Blade Runner reel!!! That must sound fantastic , borderline better than vinyl? Eargasms!
Does the akai have a glass head?
By static14
@vi_res it does have a glass & "xtal" head. :)

The reel is home made. Nothing too crazy. Just played The Edgar Rothermich re-recording through a DAC and and a tube buffer and recorded it.
static14 wrote:@vi_res it does have a glass & "xtal" head. :)

The reel is home made. Nothing too crazy. Just played The Edgar Rothermich re-recording through a DAC and and a tube buffer and recorded it.
I must confess to not knowing as much as I probably should about the various incarnations of the Blade Runners score, (especially the various unofficial releases), but I do really enjoy the Rothermich re-recording.
By static14
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
vi_resmusic wrote:I haven't heard the Rothermich version but am very intrigued.
It's really good, mang.
Agreed. It's a really faithful re-recording of the score as heard in the movie. Likely the closest we'll ever get to a release of it.
By static14
vi_resmusic wrote:I've found it on youtube is quite good. The score has been released.
@vi_res the Vangelis release contains some cues from the film and some cues that weren't used in the film. So the re-recording is the first presentation of the complete film score. ;)