Post video clips here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By EvanCampbell
Harvey Keitel - FINGERS why can't more people be like this guy!

Rod Steiger's going for broke...it is a few minutes but stay with it...it will make your life better!
Please take note of Danny Aiello expression at the end watching Rod's performance.
Warning lots of bad words!!!
Last edited by EvanCampbell on Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Mateo Sanboval
Evan, I've no Idea where the impetus for this thread came from, but I love it. You keep posting videos of people going bananas with Harvey Keitel and I'll keep tuning in.
By Mateo Sanboval
I haven't seen some of these in years. Decades, really. I've never seen No Way To Treat A Lady at all. Stiger is one odd duck. That scene from Straight Time always made me squirm. I'd make a terrible thief.
By ScoJo
Best. Thread. Evah!

Jimmy Caan exploded loads, practically made a career of macho outbursts, but this is a real fave. Such righteous indignation from a career criminal!!

"...you got an eight year old black chink kid??"

By EvanCampbell
@ScoJo - Thief is one of my favorites! So many great Caan moments in that film..that being one of them :) Hilarious
@by Mateo Sanboval -No way to treat a lady is really enjoyable. It dates well and Steiger is fun as hell in it...worth checking out!

When you are really pissed....simple features become annoying like eyes!

Shaking Hands!

Trying to say something

By EvanCampbell
@Chris - Waiting for Guffman and also Best in Show are gold! The Poster for Guffman so funny!

Bronson with consequences

F the machine!

Sometimes comprehension requires shaking

By Mateo Sanboval
Don't ever cut on Billy Dee...

Honestly, this is one of my favorite movies. *turns out light/drops to floor/belly crawls under desk*
By EvanCampbell
@Mateo One of Stallone's best roles. I remember seeing this in the theaters when I was a little kid and the film was genuinely scary to me. Rutger Hauer and the female side kick had such a spooky vibe. That is also a brilliant sliced cheek makeup. On a side note...years later I became friends with the makeup artist who created that. He was moving to another state and was giving away all his extra, unused makeup pieces from his films. I was grabbing all these bags of makeups and one of them said Billy Dee slit cheek.
By Mateo Sanboval
EvanCampbell wrote:@Mateo One of Stallone's best roles. I remember seeing this in the theaters when I was a little kid and the film was genuinely scary to me. Rutger Hauer and the female side kick had such a spooky vibe. That is also a brilliant sliced cheek makeup. On a side note...years later I became friends with the makeup artist who created that. He was moving to another state and was giving away all his extra, unused makeup pieces from his films. I was grabbing all these bags of makeups and one of them said Billy Dee slit cheek.
Damn, Evan, that is why we need you to fire up that thread of yours again!. The movie is genuinely good on several levels. I just learned today that there is a Blu-ray coming this Spring in the USA with a fully restored soundtrack (a few of the original songs' rights didn't allow them to make the jump to "modern" home media) and potentially some of the rather legendary deleted scenes as well.
By ScoJo
@mateo
In middle of much needed rewatch now-100% badassery! Rutger is conducting an Ass-Handing 101 masterclass. That blu ray sounds off the hook.
@Evan
You got Billy Dee's slashed cheek?? Dog, that is TIGHT!
By ScoJo
I make no apologies. Im a fan. This is glorious. Kudos to the editor. What raw material to work with though!!
Warning: this montage may make you lose YOUR shit.

By EvanCampbell
Scott - that is a really funny compilation...almost magical! Nicholas Cage kind of grew on me over the years. He has always seemed like such an awkward and out of place actor to me...something I appreciate. From interviews and behind the scenes footage he takes his craft serious and with the focus of Mozart, but yet still yielding the results we see in the above clips lol. All the more fun! That post should conclude this thread but I will carry the torch onward...even with a small gesture.

By ScoJo
Oh it is real alright @Evan.....from one of my all time favourite movies - Norman Mailer's
TOUGH GUYS DON'T DANCE (1987)
And this scene is just the tip of the iceberg!!! Wait 'til you see what Wings Hauser delivers...
Run, don't walk.
By EvanCampbell
Scott that sounds like potentially life changing viewing ...anything with Wings Hauser at full speed is enjoyable. I actually love Vice Squad and think Hauser does a great performance.

Wings Hauser story - I worked on a film called Tales From the Hood. Hauser was to be the lead cop in one of the episodes. He came in so we could take a copy of his head (for a melt down scene at the end). Nice guy in person and I fanned all the hell out over Ramrod and Vice Squad.

Apparently he was such a problem during production...being very difficult and drunk...even throwing up all over the inside of the trailers (which gets high marks in my book) that they decided to write him out, giving him an early death in the episode. Problem was we had already made different fake head for different deaths. I remember I had to quickly do a resculpt of a fake Wings Hauser head so it could be ripped off earlier in the short. I also remember we had been celebrating at the shop and I was a bit drunk while trying to finish this one day sculpture Wings Hauser head. To me Wings seems like a self destructive, lovable, pain in the ass to deal with.
By ScoJo
Fantastic! It's not much of a stretch to believe that he could be a pain in the ass on set....you can see it in his eyes!

Love him though, Vice Squad is a masterpiece. He has some amazing lines in Tough Guys Don't Dance (of course he does, it was written by Mailer ferchrissakes!) Without spoiling for you, (well, it's in the trailer) my favourite is:

Alvin Luther Regency (Hauser): Both sides of my personality are obliged to express themselves. The law enforcement officer and the maniac.
Tim (Ryan O'Neill): And who do we have the pleasure of?
Regency: You never met the maniac!