Post video clips here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Spun out of control
Now if your artistry clip was set to music from the Amityville score that would indeed be awesome - like Tony Hart back in the olden days of UK kids' TV :)

Recall the movies freaked me out as a kid - the whole haunted house thing playing to the paranoia of a young impressionable mind. What's more I watched them with my auntie and grandmother!
By philball1974
So is there an easy way to add audio to a .Mov file? apparently you can do it on Youtube editor but not sure how to do it direct from the computer?
By freshoj
Pretty sweet Phil - good to see the process. Before this, I had thought you were modifying existing images to look painterly.
By EvanCampbell
Cool to see Phil...waiting for the sequel!
By philball1974
So decided to stick it all together as one long piece and speed it up so its around 3 and a half minutes. Added the the classic Score to it and it actually looks alright, probably a bit quick but thought people would lose interest if it was too long.

http://youtu.be/EzL4xz86LoU

www.apicturetellsatale.com

December 1975, George and Kathy Lutz and their three children moved into 112 Ocean Avenue, a large Dutch Colonial house in Amityville, a suburban neighborhood located on the south shore of Long Island, New York. Thirteen months before the Lutzes moved in, Ronald DeFeo, Jr. shot and killed six members of his family at the house. After 28 days, the Lutzes left the house, claiming to have been terrorized by paranormal phenomena while living there.

The events were originally documented in Jay Anson’s 1977 book The Amityville Horror: A True Story, however, this was not without criticism. Much of the controversy surrounding The Amityville Horror can be traced back to the way that it has been marketed. One edition of the book has a quote from a review in the Los Angeles Times on the front cover stating: “A fascinating, frightening book… the scariest true story I have read in years” whilst the tagline states: “More hideously frightening than The Exorcist because it actually happened!”. The reference to The Exorcist is revealing, because the 1973 film had been a box office success and had received generous media coverage. Many of the incidents in the book recall the style of The Exorcist and this is one of the reasons why it has aroused suspicion.

The book was followed up in 1979 with a feature length film Directed by Stuart Rosenberg and starred James Brolin and Margot Kidder. The film opened to negative critical reviews and even now has a Rotten Tomatoes score of only 24%. Despite this, the film was popular with horror fans and grossed $8.5m making it the second biggest film of 1979.

Lalo Schifrin’s musical score was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Score, but lost out to the score for A Little Romance by Georges Delerue. It is sometimes claimed that this score was the one rejected in 1973 for The Exorcist, but Schifrin has denied this in interviews. Margot Kidder received a Saturn Award nomination for Best Actress for her performance.

I decided to a reworking of the film poster, to capture that eerie house in all its grandeur. Alongside psycho, it is probably one of the most iconic houses in horror history and with the top windows lit up at night just shouts scary story! The house was painted using a digital oil brush technique. This gives it a warmth and texture making the house feel likes it’s jumping out of the paper. This was drawn and painted in Photoshop, once painted I added additional colour saturation on the oranges and blues to give it a stormy moon lit feel, I then added a layer of grey to the bottom of the house to evoke fog or mist creeping across the ground and into the house, as though there was a presence of something there. finally I added a little extra light in the white areas and darkened the shadows to provide more contrast.

Cheers
By soundtracks of fear
Nice one Phil, The Amityville Horror was the first horror movie I ever watched and my second VHS after Conan the Barbarian which was the first. I totally love this film and must be one of thee most iconic horror movies of the 70's as much as that house is.
The soundtrack is an absolute classic as well (especially Amityville Frenzy), and can be picked up relatively cheaply
Glad you are still painting the horror stuff, I will be joining you again soon fella
By freshoj
The updated vid is great!
By EvanCampbell
Phil this came out great! Fun watch and like I had mentioned while back, love the colors!
By philball1974
Thanks peeps. Have been served a copyright notice by Sony for the use of the song already!!

Not sure what that means as this is the first video I've done but it didn't say i had to remove it but had to acknowledge it. So apologies of the link goes dead!

Wasn't sure on the implications as I wasn't sharing the song!
By soundtracks of fear
Hey Phil, this vid just turned up on my Facebook feed, via Rue Morgue, you probably already know, but nice move! 670 likes already. Sony somy Sony,have they nothing better to do?
By philball1974
Really!! did not know that! I saw it had 350 youtube hits which i was very impressed with!!

Just checked the site. totally amazed!

Its featured on Bloodydisgusting.com as well!!
By philball1974
Great feeling, wouldn't have known anything about it either! so thanks. took over 1000 likes and a hundred shares in the end and drive over 200 visitors to the website!

Power of social media eh.

I'll probably get sued a million dollars by Sony now!